I have always been a fan of girl’s nights and while I don’t really have any anymore (because of proximity to my girl friends), I have a lot of ideas for girl’s nights and since it’s so close to Christmas, these will all be Christmas themed. Most of them could be slightly changed though and be for anytime.
1. Christmas Cookies- I have always loved baking with friends, especially around Christmas. Who doesn’t want to get together and bake cookies, especially this time of year when they’re are so many different kinds to choose from. Non-Christmas version- just cookies minus the Christmas shapes or Christmas specific kinds.
2. Christmas Movies- Two words. Hallmark. Channel. I know, I know, super cliché but I love these movies and my friends whether they liked them or not, would watch them with me. Even if only to mock them. Although, there are plenty of others to choose from. My favorite, Dr. Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas (Jim Carrey version first, then the cartoon versions). There is also Elf and The Santa Clause movies, and National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation. It’s nice to do things with friends but sometimes it’s also nice to just relax at home with them. Non-Christmas version- regular movie night, there are plenty of them too.
3. Painting with a Twist- There are multiple places to do this. Combining art and wine? Why not? It’s always a super fun thing to do with girl friends. You don’t even have to go to a place to do one. You could get all the stuff yourself and just do it at home. This could be done at any time as well. Christmas or not.
4. Spa Night- Homemade masks and scrubs. I have had multiple spa nights. There are also a million different recipes for homemade masks and scrubs. This one I guess isn’t Christmas related besides that skin can get especially dry and with the added stress that the holidays often bring, a little extra TLC is always nice.
5. Shopping- Christmas shopping. There is always a lot to shop for around this time. Whether it’s gifts or decorations or food and things to prepare for gatherings. Shopping is always more fun with friends. I try to avoid going out to shop at all costs and if you’re like me, you could always do a home shopping where you all get together and get online to shop for what you need. That’s my kind of shopping trip.
I hope some of these ideas come in handy for your next girl’s night. If you try anything, I’d love to hear your thoughts or if you have any things that you do on girl’s nights, let me know!